ok, this sounds good

could you post it at the end of the existing patch (iirc the original
poster is MIA anyway)

i'll have a look at it ASAP, but no promises when that will be...

quick question, why didn't you use the following definition for skip :
"skip whatever it takes to bring me to the game itself" which seems
more logical since skip is mainly used when you already know the story
parts...

the "double skip to reach game" logic you currently have seems a bit complicated