On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Ed <icelus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 April 2010 10:11, jeremy rosen <jeremy.ro...@enst-bretagne.fr> wrote:
>> ok, this sounds good
>>
>> could you post it at the end of the existing patch (iirc the original
>> poster is MIA anyway)
>>
>> i'll have a look at it ASAP, but no promises when that will be...
>>
>> quick question, why didn't you use the following definition for skip :
>> "skip whatever it takes to bring me to the game itself" which seems
>> more logical since skip is mainly used when you already know the story
>> parts...
>>
>> the "double skip to reach game" logic you currently have seems a bit
>> complicated
>
> How it works before the patch is a double skip too in almost every campaign.
> * It wasn't my objective to alter its behaviour radically.
> * Your players are used to a double skip.
> * I thought if a single skip had been desired, it could have been done
> easily before now, therefore it was not desired.
> * I modified it as far as I did to make sure it's only ever a double
> skip, rather than the confusing model where there are hidden sections
> as at present, and you could theoretically have to press skip an
> arbitrary number of times [it's now two always, which for most
> campaigns looks identical to before].
>
> If there's a different behaviour desired for skip, it's a trivial fix,
> I just need to be told what that behaviour is (which is why I defined
> what my model for skip is).

That's a valid explaination, if anybody cares (WML experts, MP Dev...)
now is the point to voice your concerns

if not, i'll keep the behaviour you have, it sounds good

> As an aside: one weakness is that the quit button should probably
> throw up a "are you sure" type dialog, but this patch already
> snowballed to the point I started to doubt its inclusion, so I omitted
> that part.

I personally don't think that accidentally skipping messages is enough
a big deal to have an invasive "are you sure" window pop in.

let's keep it as it is

sidenote, did you add yourself+ added a changelog entry before posting to gna ?

(just trying to gain some back and forth, i'm at work right now and
can't check myself)