Dear members. share. most points in drat documents I gave the Vice President Of
The Republic Of UgandaProf. Gilbert Bukenya During His Visit To BC For The 47th
Uganda Independence Celebration. I Just recieve this Message & to share with
everyone on this forum. things seems are moving in the rite direction.
forwarded by me. Majid Alemi Junior in BC.
STATE HOUSE NEWS
VP Bukenya urges youth on science subjects
16 - 4 - 2009

The Vice President Prof. Gilbert Bukenya has said Ugandans are losing out on
vital job opportunities for lack of professional scientists in the job market,
an issue that has forced many factories like the ARV drug manufacturing plant
in Luzira and other industrialists to seek for labour outside Uganda. Prof.
Bukenya who is on a four day Prosperity for All mobilization and sensitization
campaign in Kibaale district was speaking to students of St. Edwards Senior
Secondary school in Bukuumi village, Bugangaizi county in Kibaale district.
Prof. Bukenya is an old boy of the school and was received as a hero by the
students chanting long live O.B, dressed in kisanja and showing the NRM trade
mark, “Thumbs up”. Prof. Bukenya appealed to students to put extra efforts in
pursuing science subjects adding that they stood better employment
opportunities and salaries as a science based labour force.  Reports show that
it is through education and research in the
 various fields of science and technology that a scientific and technological
culture will be created, for critical thinking, innovation and
techno-entrepreneurship. Such a culture is critical for sustainable harnessing
of local natural resources and international co-operation for laying the
foundation for industrialisation and technology transfer.

The vice president promised to source financial contribution towards the
renovation of the schools science laboratories and pledged to support the
schools computer laboratory access internet for virtual education and research
purposes.
“It is important that we lobby the Ministry of Education and Sports to include
this school in the ministry’s’ budget renovation and refurbishment of
traditional schools next years.

He commended management for availing similar opportunities to girls to acquire
an education by turning the institution into a mixed school with 780 students,
340 of whom are girls. He commended St. Edwards poultry project of 300 layers
that is yielding 248 eggs and other projects like goat rearing, vegetable
growing, coffee and pine tree growing.
The Vice President said that the NRM government is committed to improving the
social economic welfare of Ugandans through programmes like UPE, Universal
secondary education and Prosperity for all and urged Ugandans to support them
and not be swayed by people who don’t have any progressive programmes for
Ugandans.

Kibaale District woman member of parliament Sekitoleko Kabonesa, who was
flanked by the State Minister for Internal Affairs Hon. Matia Kasaijja and
Bugangaizi County member of parliament Marble Bakeine and other district
leaders commended the Vice president for positively responding to their request
to mobilize for prosperity for all campaign and also for guiding the people
into profitable enterprise selection and mix to boost incomes and food security
in homes.