Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 03:10:45 -0800
From: calebal...@yahoo.com
To: westnilenet@kym.net
Subject: [WestNileNet] A Public University in West Nile

Dear Colleagues,

Last Week on Thursday, I had a meeting with Hon. Jachan Omach. Minister of
state for Finance (General duties). This meeting was as a result of an earlier
meeting I had with the PPS to H.E the President. I had gone to see the PPS to
fix an appointment for Asiku Jackson to see the President. But since I had
known the PPS during the times we negotiated peace in West Nile and Juba. I
reluctantly asked her about the University. She referred me to Hon. Jachan. In
our meeting Jachan was grateful to learn about the West Nile Foundation. He
told me that there are over 150 pledges the President made for the people of
West Nile which needs to be followed. He further informed me that a National
task force for the University headed by Professor Christine Dranzua (From MUK),
had been formed. that we had lost six months. that other members of the task
force were Rev. Father Epifani Odubiki the Principle of Lodonga TTC, Professor
Tikodri the Deputy Vice Chancellor MUK and some one from Gulu University. The
Ministry of Finance has released 200 Million UgShs and another 700 Million Shs
is going to be released to the task force . Colleagues, These guys on the
National task force are busy people. I was in MUST over the weekend and
discussed the issue with our colleagues in MUST and we thought we can come up
with our own committee especially the members of the academia from West Nile to
assist the National task force. If this is acceptable to us, we can suggest
names and I will handle the matter with Hon. Jachan Omach who is also from West
Nile. This way, we can fast track the establishment of the University.