From: Ejoyi Xavier <ejo...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] A Public University in West Nile
To: "A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile" <westnilenet@kym.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 5:19 AM

Dear Caleb,

Once again thanks for your efforts in contributing to the development of West
Nile. To my mind, the question of a public University in West Nile is one where
the patience of the region has been fully tested. While noting with gratitude
that a national is in place to “look into” establishment of a public University
in the region, half a year of lost time and commitment of the taskforce
logically leaves us with the option of appointing a small committee (3-4) to
follow up with the taskforce. In light of this, may I make the following
suggestions?

1.      Caleb as President of the WNF together with three other members arrange
to meet the national taskforce or at least its Chairperson with a purpose of
understanding their Terms of Reference, progress to date, and the need for
involvement of WNF in the processes.

2.      Secondly, following your meeting with the taskforce, this Forum can
deliberate and reach a consensus on how WNF can approach the issue of a
University in West Nile. Again I reiterate that this is not the first time a
committee, taskforce etc. is considering the issue of establishing a University
in the region. It is too important an issue for WNF to stay aloof to!

3.      Finally, in lieu of the above remind the forum of an issue I raised a
week or two ago regarding the need to clarify the approach WNF will adopt to
achieve its objectives. Is it service provision/implementation, advocacy, or
support (technical, financial and advisory etc.), or is it a mixture of all
these?

Kind regards,

Ndugu Xavier Ejoyi