 From: Caleb Alaka <calebal...@yahoo.com>
To: George Afi Obitre-Gama <gobi...@yahoo.com>; A Virtual Network for friends
of West Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Cc: A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2013, 10:49
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] A-Level Results WN Results - Pg 8 Monitor

Dear Gordon and good people, we have been through this year in and year out,
when UNEB announces results at any level, every time, I feel like a person
awaiting the outcome of a complicated surgery. There is that moment when the
silence of a Doctor emerging from the theater tells the story. Question is do
the Local Authorities feel this pain as much as we do, Are school
administrators saddened by failure rate the way we are. If a head master has
the guts to refer a senior, prominent and influential person or citizen who is
an OB to a school to the Deputy in charge of academics to answer a simple
query, does that not speak volumes about the attitude of School Administrators
about education in our schools. It is frustrating. In some districts, Local
Authorities punish head teachers whose schools enjoy mediocrity. SHOULD WE
CONVEN A STAKE HOLDERS meeting in Arua involving all head teachers, political
leaders, Civil Servants, Parents, Students, religious
 leaders, business and opinion leaders, academics and elders and prominent sons
and daughters of the region in other words representatives of the above class
and come up with a lasting solution to the educational malaise in our region.
We need such a convention in West Nile

Sent from my iPhone

Brethren,