Without a model, the result is the same except that the button text is
taken from the html template.

If I add an onSubmit handler to the button, the result again is the
same. No one of the handlers get called, and the home page is displayed.
(No error message on the console, nothing in the server log)

With these modifications, it works fine in the quickstart. The button
handler is called first and then the form handler.

I am using 1.2.2

Pierre-Yves