|ichoicerenderer exists for two reasons. one is to generate an id so that a
specific imodel can be picked out of a list of imodels. two so that you can
convert model object into some user string to display to the user. NEITHER |of
these apply to radio, so radio will not have an ichoicerenderer.

I see your point, and am aware that it's just not the logical place to
implement it. I guess RadioGroup/checkgroup would be a better place?

|yes, you are not meant to have control over it - it is an implementation
detail of that component.

Well again correct, radiogroup/checkgroup seems a better place. I might have
been a little slow here.

|why do people keep bring up arguments like this? it is very annoying. is it
our fault that you are in this situation? you put yourself there. now you
expect us to make our component worse for all our users so that you can  get
|out of a corner you painted yourself into?

Hmmm, I did not mean to accuse you of being the one whose fault it was, I never
talked of fault. I just said that it was a little late for our project to
implement drastic changes, this has absolutely nothing to do with the wicket
devs.

Wheter I put myself in the situation or not, I guess can be discussed on a lot
of levels. And no I did not see it comming that the radio, werent persistant in
it's id's. I never expected you guys to do anything, how could I. Wicket are
opensource:) And I did certinly not want or expect of you to make any part of
wicket worse, that would be a really bad thing to do.

I just wanted to point out that there was something that was less that optimal
with radios and checks. And I guessed that we wasnt the only users likely to
encounter this. So of course, I would like to see wicket was improved on this
point, either by me or somebody else (doesnt really matter who does the work),
just that its done. However if this means that we are crapping wicket up in
some way, thats a bad turn to take.

I think i'll ask the user list how many peeps does performance tests that needs
to be stable over a longer periode. Or what peeps in general does to
performance test their application. It might just be us who has an strict
contract with our customer.

-regards Nino