Andrew,

these are examples of the JSON response:

daily totals:
http://stats.grok.se/json/en/201002/Britney_Spears
(note that each month is represented by an array of 32 values starting with a 0)

monthly totals:
http://stats.grok.se/json/en/2010/Britney_Spears

That's correct – daily stats are the best resolution you can get with this tool.

Dario