> 1. Create a public Mediawiki instance.
> 2. Decide on a relatively standardized format of reviewing each paper
> (metadata formats, an infobox, how to write reviews of each, etc.)
> 3. Upload your existing Zotero database into this new wiki (I would be
> happy to write a script to do this).
> 4. Proceed with paper readings, with the goal that every single paper is
> looked at by human eyes.
> 5. Use this content to produce one or more review articles.

There has been some talk of a wiki for papers - also on this list as far
as I remember. There is Bibdex (http://www.bibdex.com/), AcaWiki
(http://acawiki.org) and I have the "Brede Wiki"
(http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/). The AcaWiki use Semantic Mediawiki
(AFAIK) and I use MediaWiki templates. You can see an example here:

http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/wiki/Putting_Wikipedia_to_the_test:_a_case_study

There is an infobox with citation information and sections on "related
studies" and "critique".

It is a question though whether such more general targeted wikis are
appropriate for composing a collaborative paper.

I have also begun a small Wikipedia review that I upload to our server
yesterday:

http://www2.imm.dtu.dk/pubdb/views/edoc_download.php/6012/pdf/imm6012.pdf

I think I will never be able to do an exhaustive review of all papers, but
my idea was to give an overview of as many aspect as possible. I think
that some research published outside journals and conferences are
interesting, e.g., surveys and some of the statistics performed by Erik
Zachte. I don't think that Pew's survey has be peer-reviewed, so "just"
including journal and conference papers is in my opinion not quite
enough to give a complete picture.

/Finn

          Finn Aarup Nielsen, DTU Informatics, Denmark
  Lundbeck Foundation Center for Integrated Molecular Brain Imaging
    http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~fn/      http://nru.dk/staff/fnielsen/