On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:47 AM, paolo massa <pa...@gnuband.org> wrote:
> I just posted on by blog at
>
> http://www.gnuband.org/2011/03/23/paper_wikipedia_research_and_tools_review_and_comments/
>
> a post about the draft paper “Wikipedia research and tools: Review and
> comments” by Finn Arup Nielsen.
>
> It is a 56-pages resource highlighting key areas of research for
> Wikipedia (with citations to relevant work already published).
> The cited papers (with annotations!) are 236!
>
> You might want to check it and maybe involve Finn in the effort of
> aggregating the literature relevant to Wikipedia research.
> Take care!

Thanks Paolo! I look forward to reading Finn's paper. I think it's
great that there are so many individuals & groups who are all
interested in getting a handle on the wiki/wikipedia research. It's a
very wiki impulse :) Maybe we should plan to have some in-person
discussions about this too at the upcoming conferences (Wikimania,
WikiSym)?

It sounds like it would be very useful to build tools to collect,
manage and annotate this body of work over time, and that there's lots
of people who are interested in collaborating on this.

cheers,
Phoebe