Thanks for the clarification about the Journal of American History; I guess I
was mistaken.

Responding to your other comment, I am surprised at your frequent jabs at "the bitter feelings
that are obvious among the Wikipedians here toward academe". This is not at all obvious to me,
and I doubt it is "obvious" to most people on this list. I've been editing Wikipedia off
and on since 2003, have been involved in various Wikipedia lists (like this one), and have never
experienced this perceived anti-academic sentiment (though I do hear people talk about it
sometimes, like you now).

For sure, I don't go about editing and presenting myself as some sort of
authority--I assume that any authority I might have should show in my
contributions, and I let them speak for themselves (not that I am an extensive
contributor--I am not). I've never faced this kind of problem that you refer to.

On the contrary, I frequently encounter the sentiment of trying to get more academics to
participate in Wikipedia. Ironically, this very list is one of the strongest expressions of that
pro-academia sentiment, which makes it especially odd that you somehow feel animosity from
"the Wikipedians here". Or perhaps I misunderstood your reference to "here".

Chitu Okoli
Associate Professor in Management Information Systems
John Molson School of Business
Concordia University, Montréal

Phone: +1 (514) 993-6648
http://chitu.okoli.org/pro