On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Aaron Halfaker <aaron.halfa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To state it plainly, why do we need yet another publication venue specific to
> wiki software?

I think people want a "highly rated" publication venue.  Also,

«The reason why WikiSym is changing is for the same reason.  People are
not going to the conference!  I think the attendance has been below
100 for some time now.  That's not a sustainable number for the amount
of work that goes into organizing a conference.»

But what you're saying suggests that maybe work should be done to
improve existing venues rather than creating a new one.