On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 10:50:52 +0000, Joe Corneli wrote
[...]
> This point from Claudia is important -- «keep in mind that we are not
> talking about a traditional journal here but about "a new research journal
> about Wikis and about research done by using Wikis"» -- however, I think it
> needs expansion, or we'll just end up with some kind of turn-crank solution.
>
> To reframe that:
>
>   What's NOT going to be traditional about this journal?

what's your opinion on this, Joe & everyone?

Answer 1:

it will be non-traditional because it addresses not only wiki *software* but -
see the second about -
"a new research journal about Wikis and about research done by using Wikis"

the "research done by using Wikis" is non-traditional because it can be
research in any field and articles
would address many different research cultures, not just software-centered
ones.

Answer 2:

articles are not "submitted" to the journal's editors but written openly on the
journals' platform (and then
maybe sent to a review process elsewhere as well as opening up to public review
here)

for some background see
a.
Wikis in scholarly publishing. Daniel Mietchen, Gregor Hagedorn, Konrad
Förstner, M Fabiana Kubke, Claudia
Koltzenburg, Mark Hahnel, and Lyubomir Penev (2011).
http://precedings.nature.com/documents/5891/version/1
b.
Collaborative platforms for streamlining workflows in Open Science.
Konrad U. Förstner, Gregor Hagedorn, Claudia Koltzenburg, M Fabiana Kubke and
Daniel Mietchen (2011).
Open Knowledge Conference OKCon2011, Berlin, 30 June /1 July 2011,
http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-739/paper_8.pdf

what's evreyone else's answers to Joe's question?