Well the purpose of the Simple English Wikipedia is to provide a resource
for children, people who are learning English, or others who have
difficulty understanding the regular English Wikipedia. It's understaffed
and underpopulated, but in principle it takes care of a lot of your problem
if eventually fleshed out in content and coverage.

Wikimedia projects are good at copy/pasting the software to make new
projects, but we're not very good at significantly adapting radical new
features of the exiting software, which is why we ended up with a Simple
English Wikipedia as a stand alone project, rather than a tab in the
existing English Wikipedia to switch to "simple mode". But we still have
the problem of adequate volunteers, and lesser populated projects can
struggle for years.

The main problem with suggesting an "expert" version of an article is that
we're very short on experts. The system is designed to compensate for that
by requiring expert sources, meaning you don't need to be an expert to
contribute; you just need to be competent enough to read and understand
what the experts have written.

I may be confusing things even further, and sorry if I am.

V/r
TJW/GMG