Hi all

just in case this might be interesting to some: Meghan Duffy, an
evolutionary ecologist at University of Michigan blogged about her
experience of using Wikipedia in her teaching. It's a couple of years old
already but still useful I think; see

https://dynamicecology.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/using-wikipedia-in-the-classroom-a-cautionary-tale/
and
https://dynamicecology.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/follow-up-to-my-cautionary-tale-regarding-using-wikipedia-in-the-classroom/

cheers
Gregor

Am Mi., 4. Dez. 2019 um 13:08 Uhr schrieb Federico Leva (Nemo) <
nemow...@gmail.com>:

> Gerard Meijssen, 04/12/19 11:23:
> > Free licenses are not always possible, it is not as if a single scientist
> > is the only one signing a paper and determining the license.
>
> Nearly everyone can deposit at least some of their works as preprints
> under a free license.
>
> > What helps a
> > LOT is for scientists to be open about their work, have a public ORCiD
> > record so that we can import the data in Wikidat
>
> Having the work open access in open repositories is often the first step
> to also have metadata about them in open data. Sure, researchers could
> learn to be librarians/cataloguers and wikipedians in addition to doing
> their research; most won't, though.
>
> Federico

gregor kalinkat
web: gregorkalinkat.com <http://www.gregorkalinkat.com/>