On 28.01.2013 15:33, Jeroen De Dauw wrote:
> If supports for MariaDB gets added to core and it's as complete as the MySQL
> support, I'd expect Wikibase to be automatically compatible, esp considering
> the
> similarity between the two RDBMS.

I don't think that is necessary. MariaDB is a fork of MySQL, and as far as I
know pretty much 100% backwards compatible, except perhaps for low level stuff
like supported storage engines, etc. So we might not even see explicit MariaDB
support for a while, since it's covered by MySQL support.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler, Softwarearchitekt