On 26.04.2013 16:56, Denny Vrandečić wrote:
> The third party propagation is not very high on our priority list. Not because
> it is not important, but because there are things that are even more
> important -
> like getting it to work for Wikipedia :) And this seems to be stabilizing.
>
> What we have, for now:
>
> * We have the broadcast of all edits through IRC.

This interface is quite unreliable, the output can't be parsed in an unambiguous
way, and may get truncated. I did implement notifications via XMPP several years
ago, but it never went beyond a proof of concept. Have a look at the XMLRC
extension if you are interested.

> * One could poll recent changes, but with 200-450 edits per minute, this might
> get problematic.

Well, polling isn't really the problem, fetching all the content is. And you'd
need to do that no matter how you get the information of what has changed.

> * We do have the OAIRepository extension installed on Wikidata. Did anyone
> try that?

In principle that is a decent update interface, but I'd recommend not to use OAI
 before we have implemented feature 47714 ("Support RDF and API serializations
of entity data via OAI-MPH"). Right now, what you'd get from there would be our
*internal* JSON representation, which is different from what the API returns,
and may change at any time without notice.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler, Softwarearchitekt