Hi Daniel,

Am 26.04.2013 18:01, schrieb Daniel Kinzler:
You guys are the only reason the interface still exists :) DBpedia is the only (regular) external user (LuceneSearch is the only internal user). Note that there's nobody really maintaining this interface, so finding an alternative would be great. Or deciding we (or more precisely, the Wikimedia FOundation - there's not much the Wikidata team can do there) really want to support OAI in the future, and then overhaul the implementation. -- daniel

Actually, we asked quite often about where to change to and what would be the best way for us to create a live mirror. We just never received an answer... We were afraid to pound the Wikipedia API with 150k request per day (this is the number of edits on some days), because we were afraid of getting IP-blocked. Also there was no official clearance that we may do so.

If you are telling us now that IRC is no good, what other way is there to create a live in sync mirror?
-- Sebastian

--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann
Events: NLP & DBpedia 2013 (http://nlp-dbpedia2013.blogs.aksw.org, Deadline: *July 8th*) Projects: http://nlp2rdf.org , http://linguistics.okfn.org , http://dbpedia.org/Wiktionary , http://dbpedia.org