On 26.04.2013 21:13, Sebastian Hellmann wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 26.04.2013 18:01, schrieb Daniel Kinzler:
>> You guys are the only reason the interface still exists :) DBpedia is the
>> only
>> (regular) external user (LuceneSearch is the only internal user). Note that
>> there's nobody really maintaining this interface, so finding an alternative
>> would be great. Or deciding we (or more precisely, the Wikimedia FOundation -
>> there's not much the Wikidata team can do there) really want to support OAI
>> in
>> the future, and then overhaul the implementation. -- daniel
>
> Actually, we asked quite often about where to change to and what would be the
> best way for us to create a live mirror. We just never received an answer...

Yea, that's the issue: the OAI interface is still up, but it's pretty much
unsupported. But there is no alternative as far as I know. It seems like
everyone wants PubHub for this, but as far as I know, nobody is working on it.

I think it's fine for you to keep using OAI for now. Just be aware that once the
WMF moves search to solar, you will be the *only* user of the OAI interface...
so keep in touch with the Foundation about it.

-- daniel