I'm a bit confused as to why some of entries are in the "never" list.

For example, there are published lists of musical artists (roughly defined
as people (or groups?) who have made a commercial recording).  This would
seem to make then notable under criteria 2. in
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Notability.  Why then are musicians
in the "never" list?

I can understand that these large groups might have a "Not right now"
status, but that seems to be different from "never".  What am I
misunderstanding?

peter