I think it would be nice if the *official name* property could have a
special treatment in the UI. Something like the way you plan to sort out
ids out of the rest of the statements :) But I have no idea.

It's an important things, the name the local people gives to a place or a
thing, it may be on road signs for example. It's kind of the "Main Name".