On 10/29/15 6:08 AM, Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> For me SPARQL may be awesome but as long as it does not integrate with
> tools and is all over the place, it remains a niche; it is there for
> some but not others. Once it does integrate and is mostly hidden from
> view, its power becomes relevant. This has been as true for WDQ; most
> people use its engine in tools but do not make queries themselves.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

Gerard,

SPARQL is an Open Standard for querying relations. Application &
Services may or may not be SPARQL-compliant, not the other way around.
Would you say "SQL doesn't integrate with anything" for instance?

SPARQL and SQL are query languages that target different representations
of relations. Both are Open Standards.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen