Am 25.10.2016 um 17:27 schrieb Federico Leva (Nemo):
> As far as I know, an axiom by definition can't be false. What definition are
> you
> using? Maybe some jargon specific to this research field?

An axiom is always true in the context of the formal model it helps define. But
if that model corresponds to something in the real world, the axium may well
found to be "false" when applied there.

Say you have an axiom that says "all humans are born with two legs"; this is
then (by definition) true in your model, but may not be an accurate modelling of
the real world, since very rarely, humans are born with more or less than two
legs.

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.