> To be sure, some of the arguments had merit - better sourcing needed, BLP,
> user interface improvements, etc.
>
> But I was astonished to see many remarks amounting to, “Never Wikidata.”
>
> A significant number saw EN.WP as its own exceptional isolated sustainable
> entity that would only be polluted or weakened by decentralizing control
> with Wikidata-generated content. Or that the sharing in the sum of all human
> knowledge (and therefore, citations) was of no interest.
>
> That’s quite sad to see.

Sorry to be that guy, but this unfortunately comes from a long way.

What saddens me is that this kind of attitude is blatantly offending
to all the non-English-speaking Wikimedians who are working their
arses out to share their part of the sum of human knowledge - and
doing it, let me stress it, *playing by the rules*. And my greatest
fear is that most of them would just don't care about this.

L.