Hi Erik,

Thanks --- that's valuable feedback.

See also In text below ...

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 03:29 -0700, ericdeeson wrote:

> I agree that your idea has merit, Sanjaya, but believe that people
> should use such a system only for finished products (like published
> books and city centre hotels). For an unfinished product (as, almost
> by definition, all wiki pages are), we need an information box with
> more detail - to guide potential users, editors and other visitors.
>
> Here's what I suspect such a box would best contain ... at least:
> * code for type of resource and domain/sub-domain
> * if for use with learners, codes for subject/topic and level of main
> learners
> * page start date (and access to author's name if that is felt
> appropriate - maybe authors could have a rating as do sellers on
> Amazon to help with Sanjaya's concern)
> * last edit date (and access to edit history and all editors' names as
> with the initial author)
> * summary of further work needed if any (like the Wiki's editorial
> notes) (and access to full details)

Brent Simpson has done his usual magic. Brent has created a
ContentInfobox which enables us to implement your suggestions

We've not had a chance to publicisze this properly or finish the
tutorial on how to use the feature, but you can see an example of our
work in progress here:
http://wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/Developing_a_teaching_resource/Inserting_an_Infobox

Its a pretty powerful template because it automatically categorises
stuff.  There are some instructions on how to use the template here:
See: www.wikieducator.org/template:ContentInfobox

The history page keeps track of all the details relating to editors'
names, dates etc. but we've included the option for the originating
author to specify their name and the starting date of the project.

Take a look -- be keen to hear what you think.