Wayne, Declan, Everyone...

I like where all this discussion is going. The bit that I want to
throw into all this is the use of Maturity Models. I like how they
encourage continuous improvement, which I believe applies well to Wiki
based OER. The "rating" a page / lesson / resource is based upon a
maturity model that applies to the context the page / lesson /
resource is available. This would then fit within what Declan was
saying earlier about indices, where the maturity model could be
implemented as a rubric (which they could be considered this anyhow)
for the particular grade or subject... I also believe the use of
rubrics would be familiar to the educational population we are working
with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Maturity_models

Be Well...

Peter