As a suggestion maybe.. what about a "page of the month" project. It only
celebrates a few pages, without a site wide application of quality
indicators. The page of the month isn't necessarily determined by quality,
but rather is only meant to draw focus on different projects by interviewing
the people involved and having them explain the intensions behind their
effort. Less to do with "quality", more to do with celebrating diversity.