Hi Michael,

Its a good question.

The big issue or challenge is the embedding of non-free content on a site
that is dedicated to OER.  WikiEducator was conceived and grew up as an OER
project but perhaps there are ways of separating out this kind
of functionality from the core WikiEd OER initiative. That said - some might
label this kind of approach as mission drift.

Perhaps we should leave the grey non-free content areas to those more
qualified to deal with this?

Thoughts ...

Wayne

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM, virtualMV <mverha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Was wondering if there were plans to look at including iFrames in
> WikiEducator (or are they implemented already). There are issues for
> example it the linked content vanishes, and the potential to include
> non - CC content, but more and more I am finding this useful in my
> wiki?
>
> For example: (Its a bit messy and am hoping to tidy it up a bit bt
> illustrates how iFrames work)
>
> http://www.virtualmv.com/wiki/index.php?title=Internet:History_and_future
>
> Regards Michael Verhaart

Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>
Director, International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Founder and elected Community Council Member,
WikiEducator<http://www.wikieducator.org>
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/Mackiwg> |