That's good.

I'm with you here. But it's soooo different on the other side of the
Atlantic, and the developing world of course. Don't find many for-profits,
unless it's the big brands. It's very 'user pays' at your/my end. It's
'public right' elsewhere, including the OE world.

We have these expectations created by the web, and the institutionlized
users of public institutions haven't a clue of how to have a discussion with
their ISP = NREN. And vice versa. All these high priests/human firewalls in
the way. It's sad, but it's what one of my correspondents - a director of
apps for an NREN - calls them. They all know it's coming. i.e.
"Commoditization of services" - with the institution's email as the first to
go into the (google's) cloud. So, failing to see a future, wouldn't you join
a rearguard faction?