On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 13:08, Casey Brown <cbrown1023...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Ken Arromdee <arrom...@rahul.net> wrote:
>> (And WP:COI really does seem to say it's a conflict of interest for an
>> article about the Earth to be made by Earthlings.  It's easy to invoke IAR
>> and say that that's not what it's supposed to mean, but it's not all that
>> different from other examples that we're supposed to take seriously as being
>> COI.)
>
> In all seriousness, this is why it's just a guideline and not a
> policy.  There are no problems with a subject editing his or her own
> article (or someone directly related to the subject), as long as they
> follow our other policies and guidelines.

Unfortunately, that was not my experience with the FOSS article
[[MojoMojo]]. I am one of the project contributors and have first-hand
knowledge of the subject. After submitting outside references from
reliable specialized sources,  and disclosing the fact that I am a
contributor, I was accused of COI throughout the AfD and on IRC.

-- Dan
[[User:Dandv]]