> I can quite see why people do think Wikipedia "Byzantine", which is the
> basic message of what we are talking about. Probably trainee medics curse
> the immune system as unreasonably complicated. The metaphor doesn't seem
> me either too defensive or too stretched. I think we should bear in mind
> that more and better written  "manual pages" would only work better if
> people had the basic humility to read instructions, at least in the
> context
> of complex systems they don't understand.
>
> Charles

On IRC last night I was trying to explain to someone how to put sources
into their own words, quite impossible; we do things that are hard and
that cannot be expressed in simple understandable rules. Tying to
determine notability is one of those things.

In this particular case the person is notable within a small but highly
significant community which makes determination difficult.

The complaint that Wikipedia is "closed and unfriendly" is false. Many
people responded to the blog posting and we do have procedures to deal
with the questions raised. Not that the blogger will get their way;
nobody gets that consistently.

Fred