SJ,

Aside from the questions being on Meta (which they soon will), and the
one-person authority - this is very close to the process we are working
from now.

Bence describes it a bit more, but basically a request comes in, someone is
assigned it, we ask them some questions, if that person feels okay or
doesn't have questions, they send the info to the group, post a resolution,
and we vote.

Realistically, getting a response to the questions is oddly a much
lengthier process than I would have imagined. We usually try to wait for
confirmation before we post announcements of approvals on-lists, and some
groups do not consider themselves approved until the legal paperwork is
signed. I am working on some Meta-wiki based forms (similar to what grants
does) to allow folks to start the process there rather than via email.

-greg