In the crowdsourced world, I like to think that we evaluate ideas and
programs based on their merits rather than who makes a decision. I grant
that some heirarchy is good and necessary, and in this case the heirarchy
made a reasoned decision to include Bitcoin in the donation options, and
did so in a way that makes a lot of sense except that one of the primary
attractions of Bitcoin, privacy, seems to have not been a priority. I'm
asking about how this can be addressed. It's possible that WMF can't offer
to accept anonymous bitcoin donations at all, but as an optimist I like to
think that it can, and my experience with other nonprofits is that
anonymous donations are possible.

Pine