On 18 August 2014 03:53, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Risker, some replies below:
>
> <snip>

 As I stated in my response, although the WMF failed to predict that this
would be a hot issue, I predicted it clearly in February, and so did
another longtime community member. (If anybody wants to see that other
piece, let me know -- I now have permission to share it, actually an IRC
log, not an email.)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:
LilaTretikov&diff=9512960&oldid=9512915

(and the reference link:  https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?diff=907392
)

Wow, Pete.  You predict something will be rejected by the community, and
identify a list of concerns.  Several months later, you apply the code that
applies a community "rejection".  This brings the term "self-fulfilling
prophecy" to a whole new level.  Just wow.

Risker/Anne