Lets straighten a few things out

1. Of course I don't think that bug counting is an accurate metric - and we
are all aware that Bugzilla contains other "items".  Nonetheless to pretend
that everything is rosy with MV is facile.

2. Specifically it appears that MV breaks CC-BY-SA-3.0.  Details on
Bugzilla.

3. But this is not really about MV.  It is about working with the
community.  The mission statement for the Foundation says "encourage and
empower" not "command and control".  There are good reasons for this, which
have been touched on in various places.

4. A culture change is needed, and there is little point in debating
specifics (except to add them to a list of what not to do) unless the
Foundation accepts that this needs to happen.

5. Moreover engaging in personalities within the community do not move
things forward, indeed they devalue the overall debate.

On 18 August 2014 13:55, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 August 2014 03:53, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Risker, some replies below:
> >
> > <snip>
>

>  As I stated in my response, although the WMF failed to predict that this
> would be a hot issue, I predicted it clearly in February, and so did
> another longtime community member. (If anybody wants to see that other
> piece, let me know -- I now have permission to share it, actually an IRC
> log, not an email.)
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:
> LilaTretikov&diff=9512960&oldid=9512915
>
> (and the reference link:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?diff=907392
> )
>
> Wow, Pete.  You predict something will be rejected by the community, and
> identify a list of concerns.  Several months later, you apply the code that
> applies a community "rejection".  This brings the term "self-fulfilling
> prophecy" to a whole new level.  Just wow.
>
> Risker/Anne

Landline (UK) 01780 757 250
Mobile (UK) 0798 1995 792