Just in terms of the amount of everyone's time that MediaViewer,
Superprotect
and related issues are absorbing, this situation is a net negative for the
projects.
Also, the amount of emotional hostility that this situation involves is
disheartening.
Personally, I would like to see us building on each other's work instead of
feuding,
and I'm getting MediaViewer issue fatigue.

WMF's principal argument against letting projects make local decisions
about
configurations of MediaViewer seems to be that having a multitude of site
configurations is impractical for site maintainability and development of
new
features. The Technical Committee would be in a good position to make global
decisions on a consensus basis.

Pine