On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/09/2014, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org> wrote:
> > metadata.  It's not an argument against MV, it's an argument for getting
> > rid of the horrid way we handle File: pages with ad-hoc workarounds.
> > The *correct* solution is to fix the damn image pages, not to remove MV.
>
> So, can you link me to a positive proposal to do the elemental
> foundation of this, and point to a realistic (and Foundation
> supported) proposal to the community to standardize licence templates
> on Commons?

More than that, we should actually have the license data (and other stuff
like attribution and descriptions) in a Wikidata-like structure instead of
messing with parsing templates at all. The page for that is
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Structured_data. Please do
participate in that process.

That really should have been done first instead of the CommonsMetadata
extension, in my personal opinion.