Liam,

> Both of these policies are internally consistent and logical, however I
> believe that they are at least partially contradictory

I understand that the potential contradiction relies on the fact that if
fundraising and spending of chapters are really fully separated, their
applications to the FDC should not be assessed by taking into account their
fundraising abilities?

In principle, this is so. While the FDC does suggest to some chapters that
they could intensify their efforts in diversifying funds (for the benefit
of the whole movement), it is a soft recommendation. None of the chapters
had their recommended allocation lowered mainly because of poor fundraising
results. I guess it is a matter of reasonable effort - if there sometimes
seems to be a  low hanging fruit, it is reasonable to ask if it can be
reached.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Balázs Viczián <balazs.vicz...@wikimedia.hu
> wrote:

> Supporting individual English teachers in rural Poland and reviewing
> hundred thousand to million dollar grants from all around the World
> are barely comparable to each other if they can be at all, but
> definitely can be counted as relevant experience. Anyways I meant to
> give an overall positive critic,
>
> and I apologize for upkeeping this thread, it was silly. Thus I am not
going to continue with budgetary details, or reply to this final comment :)