Probably it has not been considered that the general assembly of a chapter
is still a stakeholder.

In this case, for a better access to external funds, several chapters may
evaluate if it makes sense to move their legal status from a no profit
association to a foundation where the old no profit association may
continue to be a simple stakeholder.

In this case there will be nonsense to continue to have a general assembly
and probably neither a bylaws.

regards

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Cristian Consonni <kikkocrist...@gmail.com>

> > Basically if WMF is asking to find external funds to reduce the risk, the
> > consequence is that WMF is also declaring to would be a stakeholder with
> > less importance and less impact in the decision of the strategy of the
> > chapter.
>
> That's a very good point. but we can rely that entities stay true on
> their bylaws that, having been examined as part of the affiliation
> process should all point towards the movement mission (in their own
> contextualized wa). In other words this is when AffComm work kicks in
> (in the long term).

Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens