I remember "edited mercilessly" as well...

The current message is from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Editpage-head-copy-warn and
dates from 2012. I wonder if this was changed when the ToU came in?

An unscientific hint is that posters to the Wikimedia mailing lists
more or less stopped using "mercilessly" in 2009 ;-)

Andrew.

On 3 December 2014 at 13:11, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> ... Oh, actually now I see at the top of the English Wikipedia source
> editing page: "Work submitted to Wikipedia can be edited, used, and
> redistributed—by anyone—subject to certain terms and conditions."
>
> As far I recall, however, it was near the Save button, and it definitely
> said something more hard-core, like "it will be edited mercilessly".
>
> And I can't find anything like that in the Visual Editor.

> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
> ‪“We're living in pieces,
> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a vague recollection that when I started editing the English
>> Wikipedia ten years ago, there was a notice near the Save button, which
>> said something like this: "Your changes will be edited mercilessly".
>>
>> I remember similar notices in other languages as well, though even more
>> vaguely.
>>
>> I don't see it now. I checked English, Hebrew and Russian.
>>
>> Does anybody know why was it removed? Did the editors communities just
>> decide independently to remove it for whatever reason? If it was, I'd love
>> to see links to discussions if anybody has them. Or was it a design
>> decision by the Foundation?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
>> http://aharoni.wordpress.com
>> ‪“We're living in pieces,
>> I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬

- Andrew Gray