Hello,

This text has been a part of the five pillars for a long time.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Five_pillars>

"Wikipedia is free content that anyone can use, edit, and distribute: Since
all editors freely license their work to the public, no editor owns an
article and any contributions can and will be mercilessly edited and
redistributed. Respect copyright laws, and never plagiarize from sources.
Borrowing non-free media is sometimes allowed as fair use, but strive to
find free alternatives first."

yours,

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia