On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Frankly, there's not a single thing I've read, or a single objection I've
> seen raised, that wasn't about how unnecessary it is to focus on women.  I
> don't think we've ever heard that about the global south, or non-European
> languages, or a lot of other areas where there are acknowledged biases.

Maybe you're only talking about this specific fork of the thread, but
I was happy to see that the previous discussion managed to stay
on-topic and largely avoid the specific social issue. I saw a lot of
people with specific criticism of the decision, completely separate
from the cause. (I appreciate that Leigh was still clinging to that
idea while the thread was being dragged into the abyss, only to be
insulted in the process.)

Having addressed that, I want to say to everybody that Wikimedia-l is
a lot of things, not all good, but the previous conversation was at
least on-topic. Does anyone seriously think that this one is? Please,
please don't make me start content filtering based on words like
"feminazi" or "misogynist."

Austin