I would consider this discussion as a sensible one if you are editors of
Cebuano and Waray-Waray Wikipedias, oppose the idea of creating
bot-generated articles and have better plan how to increase quality and
quantity of those projects. Optionally, you are always free to offer your
help to those projects and start working.

Without such actions, I see opposition to that work as vanity expression:
It's not fair that they have bigger than ours.

Article count is a valid measurement and it says exactly how many articles
exist in Wikipedia in particular language. I hope this tautology is clear
enough.

Conclusions based on article count may vary, but, don't worry, they are not
about the greatness of your Wikipedia community or your ethnolinguistic
group.

What makes sense -- and thus I am replying to Amir's message -- is to build
repository of common knowledge and best practices related to bot generated
articles.