I was happy to see increasing net assets and increasing revenue. The
fundraising messages that WMF sends should to reflect the facts about where
the money will go and about the current financial status of WMF.

I've been told by someone whose history with the Wikimedia community is
longer than mine that many years ago, the chapters used to be in stronger
financial positions than WMF was. Eventually this flipped. As recently as a
few years ago were consistent questions about the effectiveness and
integrity of the chapters. In more recent history, the chapters seem to be
doing well in terms of effectiveness and integrity, and now the bulk of the
revenue is going to WMF where there are more questions about effectiveness
and integrity. I'm particularly troubled by the lack of responses from WMF
to a number of questions that I repeatedly asked about the 2015-2016 Annual
Plan, and I'd really like to see some work done on increasing financial
transparency in WMF as well as enhancing the integrity of the online
fundraising messages.

Pine