Not sure we should be making such  a link as the events in Paris are not
about Islam just as the actions of the women in Kentucky was not a
reflection of Christianity. Paris is not the only place its unfortunately
its not even the latest place to fall victim to ISIS.

Wikimedia is a world wide community and the focus on Paris ignores all our
other communities who have over the last week, months. year or longer have
been affected by acts of terrorism, I think we should exercise care when we
adopt activities that elevate events or imply some guilt of association
immortalizing that as fact in a place like wikipedia

On 15 November 2015 at 19:12, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As an international community we have an opportunity to respond in a
> positive and healing way to the attacks in Paris as well as sharing
> our feelings of shock and sympathy.
>
> Perhaps by planning open knowledge events to celebrate Parisian and
> GLAM-related Islamic culture, which we could announce in a few weeks
> time?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Fae