hi Ilario,

I don't want to fuel this discussion, so I'll just reply briefly and shut
up :)

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Ilario Valdelli <valde...@gmail.com> wrote:

As soon a board member has been selected/elected by a stakeholder, the
board of trustees cannot dismiss it following the action taken in this
specific case.

I think that what is clear and should stay untouched is the community's
share in the Board. However, I think that for many practical reasons the
Board should have the right to expel a single member, irrespective of how
they joined this body. I don't think it is viable to have a public
discussion and evaluation of what a member did wrong, and then a public
vote.

I am a community-elected member, and still I believe that the Board should
have the right to get rid of me, if they  really want to. However, I think
that such a procedure:

(a) cannot happen often (as not to be abused)

(b) should not overall lead to a decrease of community-appointed members'
share in the Board.

I understand that James have "recognized his errors and admitted that he
made mistakes and stepped out of process for a Board member" but at the
moment the records of the board's meeting says that James voted against his
dismission.

Yes, so did I. Recognizing mistakes is different from assessing the
consequences. James knew what he did wrong, but he assumed that he could
effectively use a second chance.