On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <pute...@mccme.ru> wrote:
> You may think by now we are in the free information world, and the players of
> the 1980 Japanese ice hockey team are on Wikipedia.
(snip)
> Japanese Wikipedia, as far as I can tell, is not better. A team of mystery
> persons.

Try then the freely editable knowledge base. :) Two of them [1] are
now on Wikidata:
http://tinyurl.com/zganwzg
http://tinyurl.com/jgdnxwu
(click "Execute" to see the list)

Happy birthday and thanks for sharing your stories - an excellent way
to celebrate.

-Yusuke

[1] Herb Wakabayashi - apparently, a Canadian who was naturalized to
Japan later - is not in the query results. That piece of information
is missing on Wikidata and I couldn't find a credible source to cite
immediately.