I've been thinking about it and this is just bothering me too much.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks (WMF board, and those closely related), do we really have to hold a
> vote of no confidence to get your attention? Do you have any doubt that
> it'd pass?

​The Wikimedia Foundation is a private non-profit corporation registered in
Florida. It is not structured as a membership organization (after all,
every human being is technically a member), it is but a single part of the
Wikimedia movement. You have no standing for such a vote, and neither do I.

> Absent that, please start listening to the volunteers. Listening, as in
> doing what they'd like you to do. Otherwise, I'll be putting forth that
> no-confidence vote shortly.

​You mean to say, "please start listening to the volunteers ***that agree
with me*. Listening, as in doing what *the people that I agree with* would
like you to do."

Personally, I agree with your position against monetizing any part of our
services.​

​I'm pleasantly surprised that some people that I thought would agree with
me are at least open to the theory, it makes for very interesting
discussion. I do not think that making threats on behalf of everyone, when
it's clear that we are not all in agreement, is useful at all, particularly
when they are toothless.

Personal opinion from a personal account as a longtime Wikimedian, as the
line three bars down after the signature indicates.​

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
is in a personal capacity.