On 2/25/16 2:14 AM, Craig Franklin wrote:
> One could argue that any action that would injure the movement would also
> injure the Foundation by definition.  Denny is quite correct that trustees
> have a legal obligation to put the Foundation before anything else, however
> there's usually a fair bit of latitude in how that obligation is
> interpreted.

This is effectively my view.  Trustees have an unavoidable fiduciary
duty to the Foundation - it's the law, and it brings with it certain
responsibilities.  First among those responsibilities is to recognize
and support the ecosystem of editors, GLAM folks, chapters, staff,
fellow traveler organizations, readers, etc. which makes that possible.